1965 Tiger Mk1 B9471157LRXFE TAC#678
Tiger For Sale Info-Sheet
Click on the mini-pic or underlined link for historical pictures in each category.
- AUTHENTICATION- This is a genuine Tiger! B9471157LRXFE has been TAC'd (Tiger Authentication Certificate) by the Sunbeam Tiger Owners Association (STOA).
- BODY AND PAINT- Every part was removed and the body was mounted on a rotisserie. The underside of the floor pan and frame were then stripped to bare metal and coated with epoxy primer. All seams were carefully filled with high quality body seam sealer. Finally, two coats of rubberized, paintable undercoating were applied, followed by automotive primer-sealer, followed by three coats of PPG Acrylic Urethane Forest Green. Paint Process Rotisserie Pictures The trunk, floorpan and engine compartment were finished with the same multi-step process as the underside of the floorpan and frame. Hard to paint areas, such as inside the heater box, underneath the dash, and the trunk's inner fender/valance sufaces were meticulously cleaned and refinished, all with the PPG Forest Green Acrylic Urethane. Trunk, Floorpan, and Engine Compartment Paint Process Pics All blemishes were removed from the exterior body's shell, doors, bonnet, and trunk lid and finished with the same high quality PPG Forest Green Acrylic Urethane. Included in the restoration are all new rubber weatherstrips, seals, window channels, hoses, etc...
- Hardtop Restoration- The hardtop was stripped via soda blasting. All rust and deflections (dents) were repaired. Finished in black with new rear and side windows, weather stripping, mounting rubbers, and a beautiful NOS white headliner.
- INTERIOR AND TRUNK- The interior and trunk are finished with matching black pebble grain vinyl and black high quality sewn carpeting. The seats were completely disassemble, blasted, re-welded for strength, and assembled with new foam, supports straps and vinyl. The dash cover is a new "original styled" piece and enhances the original English Walnut veneer dash board. All guages are Tiger original reconditioned Jaeger units and the wiring has been completely replace with an original replacement wiring harness. Window and door mechanisms have been completely restored and are trouble free, including all rubbers, weatherstrips, plugs and seals. The original wooden steering wheel has been reconditioned (brand new bakelite hub center) and nicely finishes the interior.
- ENGINE/DRIVETRAIN- The engine is a the Tiger's original 260 V8. The block is fully rebuilt and includes; Keith Black Silverline Hypereutectic flattop pistons; rods reconditioned with performance rod bolts; reground crankshaft; double roller timing set; Ford Motorsport windage tray. The cylinder heads have new valves, hardened exhaust seats and guides. Intake manifold is an Edlebrock 4FB (LAT Option) with a 465 CFM Holley carburetor. The intake air is filtered with an original Tiger "AC" oval air filter housing. Gas is fired by a rebuilt-stock distributor with an hidden Pertronix pointless conversion. Stock exhaust manifolds are retained but coated with a high heat resistant finish. Exhaust system replaced with a new 2-inch system. The engine is rated at about 220 HP. The engine runs cool and has never loss any coolant. Transmission is the orginal Ford Toploader 4-speed and has been rebuilt. Gears are changed with the original shifter that is completely reconditioned. Shifting is always a pleasure; quiet, quick, efficient, and without error. The driveline was glass media blasted, painted with black enamal, and enhanced with heavy duty u-joints. The rear differential was disassembled, inspected and rebuilt with new bearings, seals, and "proper" paint.
- FRONT SUSPENSION- Front suspension was completely disassembled, glass blasted, primed with epoxy, and painted with catalyzed black enamel. Shock towers strengthened with welded 3/8 plates. Steering supports reweld for additional support. All new a-arm bushings, ball joints, and tie rod ends. Steering rack reconditioned. Steering column rebuilt including new steering u-joints. Sway-arm bushings replaced and sway arm installed with new bushings.
- REAR SUSPENSION- Rear Springs dissasembled, bead blasted, and painted with spring paint. Spring mounted Traction Masters added for additional axle tramp reduction. New spring and chassis rubbers/bushings were installed (difficult procedure). Panhard bar body mounts rewelded and modified for strenth. Panhard bar rubbers replaced. All peices glass blasted, epoxy primed, and finished with catalyzed black enamel. Note-See drivetrain for rear differental description.
- FUEL AND HYDRAULICS- The fuel tanks were properly cleaned, resealed, and painted. All hosery, rubber tubes, and lines are new. The fuel pump is prefiltered and fuel is metered with an adjustable pressure valve. All the brake and clutch hydraulics have been replace or reconditiond to new. Front brake caliper dishes are all new with replacement stainless units. Brake lines and hoses are all new. As with the rest of the car, the fuel system, clutch and braking systems are fully restored.
- EXTRAS- Extras include: Aluminum thick-core radiator with 6-blade fan (retains original fan shroud), 4FB Edelbrock 4-barrel intake manifold with Holley 465 CFM carburetor, Traction Master traction bars, new Lockheed replacement brake booster, Ford Motorcraft "easy-access" oil filter angle adapter, new 2-inch exhaust, removable factory hardtop, tonneau cover, Pertronix pointless ignition system (lurks hidden, retains original appearance), Talbot style mirror, and the TAC certificate and sticker. Original Steering wheel was restored using new technologies; new plastic hub with restored wood rim ($1000+ expense).
TIGER FOR SALE PICTURES
BACK TO THE OPENING PAGE
© CJ Richards 2001, 2008