Wallach Tiger MK2
Chris Richards Automotive
1188 13th Street
Arcata, CA 95521
Wallach Carnival Red 1967 Tiger MK2 B3821000356LRXFE TAC#820
- AUTHENTICATION- This is a genuine Tiger! B3821000356LRXFE has been TAC'd (Tiger Authentication Certificate) by the Sunbeam Tiger Owners Association (STOA) and retains the original VIN tag rivits. Click on TAC thumbnail.
- BODY AND PAINT- Every part was removed and the body was mounted on a rotisserie. The underside of the floor pan and frame were then stripped to bare metal and coated with epoxy primer. All seams were carefully filled with high quality body seam sealer. Finally, two coats of rubberized, paintable undercoating were applied, followed by automotive primer-sealer, followed by three coats of Dupont Centari Acrylic Enamel Carnival Red. The trunk, floorpan and engine compartment were finished with the same multi-step process as the underside of the floorpan and frame. Hard to paint areas, such as inside the heater box, underneath the dash, and the trunk's inner fender/valance sufaces were meticulously cleaned and refinished, all with the Dupont Carnival Red Centari Acrylic Enamel. All blemishes were removed from the exterior body's shell, doors, bonnet, and trunk lid and finished with the same high quality Dupont Carnival Red Centari Enamel. Included in the restoration are all new rubber weatherstrips, seals, window channels, hoses, etc...
- INTERIOR AND TRUNK- The interior and trunk is finished with matching black pebble grain vinyl and black high quality sewn carpeting. The seats were completely disassemble, blasted, re-welded for strength, and assembled with new foam, supports straps and vinyl. The dash cover is a new "original styled" piece and enhances the original English Walnut veneer dash board. All guages are Tiger original reconditioned Jaeger units. The original wiring harness was in spectacular condition and was cleaned and inspected, then installed. Window and door mechanisms have been completely restored and are trouble free, including all rubbers, weatherstrips, plugs and seals. The original wooden steering wheel was reconditioned and nicely finishes the interior.
- ENGINE/DRIVETRAIN- The original numbers matching 289 Ford V8 and wide ratio toploader 4-speed transmission are completely rebuilt. The block is fully rebuilt, balanced and includes; Keith Black Silverline Hypereutectic flat-top pistons; rods reconditioned with performance rod bolts; reground crankshaft; upgraded performance camshaft to match re-jetted original carburetion. The cylinder heads have new valves, hardened exhaust seats and guides. Intake manifold is the original Ford cast 2 barrel manifold with Ford 2100 carburetor. The intake air is filtered with the original AC air filter housing. Stock exhaust manifolds are retained but coated with a high heat resistant finish. Exhaust system is upgraded with a complete stainless steel 1 7/8 inch system. Original Radiator was re-cored with "new-technology" core and installed with the original fan shroud. Transmission is the orginal Ford Toploader wide ratio 4-speed and has been rebuilt. Transmission shifting is peformed with an special Hurst Competion Plus Shifter that has the appearance of an original "short handle" yet has the nice tight feel and close pattern one expects in a competition classic. Shifting is always a pleasure; quiet, quick, efficient, and without error. The driveline was glass media blasted, painted with proper black enamel, and enhanced with heavy duty u-joints. The original number matching rear differential was disassembled, inspected and rebuilt with new bearings, seals, and "proper" paint.
- FRONT SUSPENSION- Front suspension was completely disassembled, glass blasted, primed with epoxy, and painted with catalyzed black enamel. Shock towers strengthened with welded 3/8 plates. Steering supports reweld for additional support. All new a-arm bushings, ball joints, and tie rod ends. Steering rack reconditioned. Steering column rebuilt including new steering u-joints. Sway-arm bushings replaced and sway arm installed with new bushings.
- REAR SUSPENSION- Rear Springs dissasembled, bead blasted, and painted with spring paint. Spring mounted Traction Master Traction Bars added for axle tramp reduction. Panhard bar body mounts rewelded and modified for strenth. Panhard bar rubbers replaced. All peices glass blasted, epoxy primed, and finished with catalyzed black enamel. Note-See drivetrain for rear differental description.
- FUEL AND HYDRAULICS- The fuel tanks were properly cleaned, resealed, and painted. All hosery, rubber tubes, and lines are new. The fuel pump is NOS original. All the brake and clutch hydraulics have been replace or reconditiond to new. Front brake caliper dishes are all new with replacement stainless units. Brake lines and hoses are all new. As with the rest of the car, the fuel system, clutch and braking systems are fully restored.
- EXTRAS- Upgraded radiator core with 6 blade fan (fits inside original metal fan shroud, Traction Master traction bars, stainless exhaust system, tonneau cover, Talbot style mirror, and the TAC certificate and sticker.
MK2 AT BOCA RATON 2011
RESTORATION PROCESS PICTURES
BACK TO THE OPENING PAGE
© CJ Richards 2001, 2010