1966 Tiger Mk1a B382000391LRXFE TAC#658
Tiger For Sale Info-Sheet
Click on the mini-pic or underlined link for historical pictures in each category.
- AUTHENTICATION- This is a genuine Tiger! B382000391LRXFE has been TAC'd (Tiger Authentication Certificate) by the Sunbeam Tiger Owners Association (STOA) and retains the original VIN tag rivits.
- BODY AND PAINT- Every part was removed and the body was mounted on a rotisserie. The underside of the floor pan and frame were then stripped to bare metal and coated with epoxy primer. All seams were carefully filled with high quality body seam sealer. Finally, two coats of rubberized, paintable undercoating were applied, followed by automotive primer-sealer, followed by three coats of Dupont Centari Acrylic Enamel Arctic White. Paint Process Rotisserie Pictures The trunk, floorpan and engine compartment were finished with the same multi-step process as the underside of the floorpan and frame. Hard to paint areas, such as inside the heater box, underneath the dash, and the trunk's inner fender/valance sufaces were meticulously cleaned and refinished, all with the Dupont Arctic White Centari Acrylic Enamel. Trunk, Floorpan, and Engine Compartment Paint Process Pics All blemishes were removed from the exterior body's shell, doors, bonnet, and trunk lid and finished with the same high quality Dupont Arctic White Centari Enamel. Included in the restoration are all new rubber weatherstrips, seals, window channels, hoses, etc...
- INTERIOR AND TRUNK- The interior and trunk is finished with matching black pebble grain vinyl and black high quality sewn carpeting. The seats have been completely disassemble, blasted, re-welded for strength, and assembled with new foam, supports straps and vinyl. The dash cover is a new "original styled" piece and enhances the original English Walnut veneer dash board. All guages are Tiger original reconditioned Jaeger units and the wiring has been completely replace with an original replacement wiring harness. Window and door mechanisms have been completely restored and are trouble free, including all rubbers, weatherstrips, plugs and seals. The original wooden steering wheel has been reconditioned and nicely finishes the interior.
- ENGINE/DRIVETRAIN- The engine is upgraded to a late 60s numbers matching performance built 302 V8. The block is fully rebuilt and includes; Keith Black Silverline Hypereutectic flat-top pistons; rods reconditioned with performance rod bolts; reground crankshaft; performance camshaft to match carburetion. The cylinder heads have new valves, hardened exhaust seats and guides. Intake manifold is an Period correct 1966 cast Ford 4 barrel manifold with 4100 carburetor. The intake air is filtered with an oval air filter housing. Stock exhaust manifolds are retained but coated with a high heat resistant finish. Exhaust system replaced with a new 2-inch system. The engine is rated at about 260 HP, yet retains the "original" Tiger appearance. Cooling system upgraded to a 4 core "Club" radiator and retains the original fan shroud. Transmission is the orginal Ford Toploader wide ratio 4-speed and has been rebuilt. Transmission shifting is peformed with an special Hurst Competion Plus Shifter that has the appearance of an original "short handle" yet has the nice tight feel and close pattern one expects in a competition classic. Shifting is always a pleasure; quiet, quick, efficient, and without error. The driveline was glass media blasted, painted with black enamal, and enhanced with heavy duty u-joints. The rear differential was disassembled, inspected and rebuilt with new bearings, seals, and "proper" paint.
- FRONT SUSPENSION- Front suspension was completely disassembled, glass blasted, primed with epoxy, and painted with catalyzed black enamel. Shock towers strengthened with welded 3/8 plates. Steering supports reweld for additional support. All new a-arm bushings, ball joints, and tie rod ends. Steering rack reconditioned. Steering column rebuilt including new steering u-joints. Sway-arm bushings replaced and sway arm installed with new bushings.
- REAR SUSPENSION- Rear Springs dissasembled, bead blasted, and painted with spring paint. Spring mounted Traction Master Traction Bars added for axle tramp reduction. New spring and chassis rubbers/bushings were installed as needed (difficult procedure). Panhard bar body mounts rewelded and modified for strenth. Panhard bar rubbers replaced. All peices glass blasted, epoxy primed, and finished with catalyzed black enamel. Note-See drivetrain for rear differental description.
- FUEL AND HYDRAULICS- The fuel tanks were properly cleaned, resealed, and painted. All hosery, rubber tubes, and lines are new. The fuel pump is prefiltered and fuel is metered with an adjustable pressure valve. All the brake and clutch hydraulics have been replace or reconditiond to new. Front brake caliper dishes are all new with replacement stainless units. Brake lines and hoses are all new. As with the rest of the car, the fuel system, clutch and braking systems are fully restored.
- EXTRAS- Extras include: Cat club 4 core radiator with 6-blade fan (retains original fan shroud), Performance 302 V8 with wide ratio Ford Toplader transmission, Traction Master traction bars, Ford Motorcraft "easy-access" oil filter angle adapter, new 2-inch exhaust, tonneau cover, Talbot style mirror, and the TAC certificate and sticker.
TIGER FOR SALE PICTURES
BACK TO THE OPENING PAGE
© CJ Richards 2001, 2009